San Antonio Pediatric Chiropractic Care
While many understand the benefits of chiropractic care for adults, pediatric chiropractic care is also important. Today, perhaps more than ever, children's posture and spines are at risk due to sports, technology use, and backpacks that may not be worn properly or are overloaded. At Dr. Phillips Chiropractic Nutrition and Wellness, our chiropractor offers an array of pediatric chiropractic services designed specifically for kids. We ensure your child is comfortable and that treatments are gentle, not forced or aggressive. We specifically tailor treatments to each child's unique situation and condition.
Common Conditions Pediatric Chiropractic Care Can Relieve
- Poor studying posture. Many times children are putting undo pressure on their back and muscles because they are not using correct studying postures. They may be stretched on the floor, draped across a chair, or slumped over when studying. This can lead to a misalignment of the muscular-skeletal system causing multiple negative results.
- Sports injuries. No matter how “safe” a sport may seem, athletic injuries happen. When they occur, we encourage parents to have a chiropractic exam and treatments for a lasting recovery. A pediatric chiropractor can provide relief from pain due to a sports injury, and encourage proper healing.
- Backpacks. Backpacks are one of the major causes in postural issues with children today. Many children simply drape a back pack over one shoulder or otherwise wear them improperly. They may even overload them. This is leading to a significant increase in back problems in young people and a visit to your San Antonio pediatric chiropractor at Dr. Phillips Chiropractic can help.
- Overuse of technology. Drive by any high school in the San Antonio area at dismissal and you will likely see dozens of teens, slumped over, texting or surfing on their electronic devices. This is having a negative impact on posture and can lead to long-term neck and spine issues. A screening at Dr. Phillips Chiropractic can uncover developing problems and offer treatment to remediate the issue.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. This increased use of technology is also leading to younger and younger people experiencing carpal tunnel syndrome. This is a syndrome that can be corrected with appropriate pediatric chiropractic care.
- Scoliosis. This is a sideways curvature of the spine that often can be traced to improper wearing of backpacks. Our pediatric chiropractic care in San Antonio can help correct this curvature, improving posture and minimizing negative effects as the child gets older.
Make an Appointment for your Children with Our San Antonio Chiropractor Today
If you have a school-aged child, we encourage you to set an appointment with Dr. Phillips Chiropractic today. Our chiropractor will be happy to answer your questions and chiropractic care and how our drug-free approach can help improve the quality of life for your child. Call us at (210) 545-1144. We look forward to assisting you and your family in living a life of health and wellness.