Have you recently been involved in an auto accident in San Antonio, TX, and are experiencing neck pain? It may be due to whiplash. A whiplash injury occurs when there is a sudden movement of the neck backward and forward, damaging soft tissue in your neck. While rear-end auto accidents are the major cause of whiplash, sports injuries, accidents at work, slips, and falls can also cause whiplash.
While whiplash is not a life-threatening injury, leaving it untreated could birth future health complications. Are you a resident of San Antonio, TX experiencing whiplash symptoms? Don’t wait any longer. Contact Dr. Phillips Chiropractic Nutrition and Wellness to experience our natural treatment approach to whiplash.
The following are common whiplash symptoms. If you notice any of them, we recommend your contact our chiropractor as soon as possible.
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Physical exhaustion
- Distorted vision
Other less common symptoms of whiplash are:
- Pain between the shoulder blades
- Jaw pain
- Ringing sound in the ears
- Numbness and tingling
The unfortunate thing with whiplash symptoms is that they may not become fully apparent for days or even weeks after impact. This is why you should see a chiropractor following an auto accident even when you have experienced no visible injuries. Chiropractic care can identify and treat hidden whiplash injuries that can lead to future health problems.
Following an auto accident, it’s vital to seek urgent medical care to speed up recovery and avoid health complications. When you visit our chiropractic clinic, our chiropractor will use one or a combination of the following natural and non-invasive treatment options.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Aligning misaligned neck joints to reduce will reduce tension in your neck, relieving your pain and restoring your range of motion. Herniated discs could also cause whiplash injury. As such, spinal manipulation relieves pressure on pinched nerves, eliminating your pain.
- Muscle relaxation techniques: Massage therapies are applied to reduce tension in stiff muscles. It also promotes blood circulation to your injured tissues, triggering natural healing.
- Corrective exercises: Our chiropractor may recommend neck exercises aimed to strengthen your neck muscles to prevent future injuries. Lifestyle and nutrition counseling will further enhance the benefits of chiropractic care and minimize your chances of experiencing another whiplash injury in the future.
Contact Our Chiropractor in San Antonio, TX for Neck Pain Treatment
If you have recently been involved in a car accident in San Antonio, contact Dr. Phillips Chiropractic Nutrition and Wellness today. For more information on whiplash treatment or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, call us at (210) 545-1144.