Chiropractic Care for Work Injuries
Hundreds of thousands of work injury accidents happen every year. In 2019 alone, medically-consulted work-related injuries amounted to 4.64 million. Most of these injuries affect the back and neck, which can be physically debilitating.
It is essential to get the appropriate care to alleviate your pain, speed up recovery, and ensure repair to the injured area. Chiropractic care plays a critical role in helping employees recover from work injuries. Let’s look at how our chiropractor at Dr. Phillips Chiropractic Nutrition and Wellness in San Antonio provides chiropractic care.
Diagnosing Work Injuries
The diagnostic process consists of three steps:
- Patient interview: Our doctor asks a series of questions to understand the nature of the injury.
- Physical examination: After the interview, we perform a physical exam that may include tests to measure your range of motion, strength, mobility, and flexibility.
- Diagnostic imaging tests: We may recommend additional tests to get a more accurate diagnosis. Our chiropractor may order MRIs, X-rays, ultrasound, or CAT scans.
Chiropractic Treatment for Work Injuries
Once the work injury is diagnosed, the chiropractor creates a treatment plan that uses drug-free and natural methods to address the injury. Chiropractors are known to use spinal manipulation techniques, but we are also experts in body mechanics. As such, the treatment plan may involve the following:
- Strengthening exercises: The primary goal of chiropractic care is to improve the function of your muscles. Introducing exercises that can improve your strength, range of motion, and increase endurance aids the recovery process.
- Stretching: Depending on the injury, the patient may need help restoring their range of motion. Those with tight or stiff muscles may have a difficult time performing normal activities that are required for work. Stretching exercises restore the lost flexibility of your muscles.
- Work conditioning: If the employee sustains an injury that impedes their ability to perform their job, our chiropractor utilizes work conditioning and rehabilitation programs. They provide a more aggressive approach to getting the patient back to work quickly.
Get Chiropractic Care after Sustaining a Work Injury in San Antonio
If you have recently sustained a work-related injury affecting your musculoskeletal system, call Dr. Phillips Chiropractic Nutrition and Wellness today at (210) 545-1144 to schedule an appointment. We are well-versed in dealing with such injuries and will provide pain relief as well as ensure a speedy recovery.