Dr. Phillips Chiropractic Nutrition and Wellness in San Antonio, TX, is one of the top chiropractors in the San Antonio metro area, specializing in the treatment of pain, sprains, and strains. Our chiropractic team provides the most innovative and comprehensive chiropractic care technologies, treatments, and therapies. We are dedicated to eliminating your pain and getting you to a safe place of holistic health and whole-person wellness.
A sprain is an injury impacting a joint or the ligaments supporting the joint. A strain is an injury affecting muscles or tendons like the hamstring, groin, or calf muscle. The pain from sprains and strains may be acute or chronic. The severity of these injuries is measured by grade levels that describe the injury and the amount of pain expected.
- Grade Level I – Mild injury results in a small amount of torn fibers that are somewhat painful and mildly swollen, but function is basically unaffected.
- Grade Level II – Moderate injury results in a sufficient amount of torn fibers with moderate pain, swelling, and loss of function.
- Grade Level III – Severe injury results in completely torn connective tissue with excruciating pain and near total loss of function.
Symptoms of Sprains and Strains
Sprains and strains’ symptoms will vary, depending on the person, his health condition, type of injury, and pain tolerance.
Sprains and strains share similar symptoms, including:
- Decreased function
- Feeling or hearing a “pop” during the injury
- Inability to bear weight on the injured area
- Pain radiating to the surrounding bones
Causes of Sprains and Strains
The causes of sprains and strains are innumerable. These injuries don’t just happen to athletes and highly active individuals. They can happen to anyone.
These are some of the leading causes of sprains and strains:
- Walking, running, or exercising
- Pivoting or twisting on a joint
- Falling and landing on a joint
- Overextending a joint
- Repetitive motions
- Carrying weight
- Rolling the ankle
- Traumatic blow to the body
Chiropractic Treatment Options for Sprains and Strains
Your chiropractor will determine the treatments best suited for your injury, health condition, and situation. With first-rate technologies, you will be on the road to healing quickly.
The following are a few chiropractic treatments and therapies for sprains and strains:
- Ice compress therapy
- Heat and cold therapy
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Therapeutic massage
- Therapeutic modalities
- Electronic Muscle Stimulation (“E-Stim”)
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Ultrasound therapy
Contact Dr. Phillips Chiropractic for Sprain and Strain Treatment Today
The highly trained, compassionate chiropractic team at Dr. Phillips Chiropractic Nutrition and Wellness in San Antonio, TX, offers top-of-the-line chiropractic care to treat sprains and strains. We have the skills and technology to eliminate your pain and move you toward whole-person healing.
Contact our chiropractic team by phone, email, or online appointment request form today.
Dr. Phillips Chiropractic Nutrition and Wellness
115 N Loop 1604 E, Ste 1207
San Antonio, TX 78232