Frequently Asked Questions about Pregnancy Chiropractic Care in San Antonio
During pregnancy, a woman's body goes through many changes. Loosening of the ligaments and joints, shifts in center of gravity, and addition of body weight can all lead to pain in the hip, back, neck, legs and more. If you're currently pregnant, your chiropractor in San Antonio, TX can help you through these changes. Chiropractic care is for everyone, including pregnant women.
What Techniques Do Chiropractors Use On Pregnant Mothers?
Chiropractors use a method called the Webster technique to help women through pregnancy. This gentle form of spinal manipulation can help improve coordination, reduce pain the joints and hip, relieve pain and prepare the body for the strains of childbirth.
In addition, there are many other techniques that chiropractors use to help pregnant patients.
- Stretches and exercises. Chiropractors teach patients how to perform stretches and exercises that can strengthen the muscles and improve the positioning of the baby, preventing a breech birth.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy techniques soothe strained muscles and relieve patient anxiety.
- Nutrition counseling. Eating right during pregnancy can help keep mother and baby healthy. Chiropractic nutrition counseling services can also help pregnant women manage symptoms and feel better throughout the three trimesters.
- Lifestyle advice. By guiding patients and providing useful lifestyle tips and advice, chiropractors can help pregnant women avoid injury, sleep better and have a better pregnancy experience overall.
Is Chiropractic Care Safe For Pregnant Women?
Chiropractic care is safe for pregnant women. The Webster technique is specially designed to help women through their pregnancy, and thus is safe for women at all stages of pregnancy, from first through third trimester.
Does Chiropractic Care Hurt?
Chiropractic care provides natural pain management to women who experience leg, hip, back, neck and joint pain. In addition, Chiropractic care teaches pregnant women how to perform stretches and exercises that can help them feel better in pregnancy and lead to a smoother delivery. It should not hurt.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help Pregnant Women?
By providing adjustment of the spine, massage therapy, lifestyle advice, nutrition counseling and other services, chiropractors can help pregnant women in the following ways:
- Pain management. Chiropractors help pregnant women manage pain in the joints and other parts of the body.
- Smoother delivery. By helping the baby into position and working with the patient to strengthen the muscles of the body, chiropractors help patients have a smoother delivery.
- Caesarian section prevention. By helping prevent breech births, chiropractic care can help patients avoid Caesarian section.
- Maintain good health. By helping patients eat right, sleep better and live with less stress, chiropractors help women maintain good health during pregnancy.
Where Can You Go For Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy?
At Dr. Phillips Chiropractic, Nutrition and Wellness, our chiropractor treats pregnant patients with safe, gentle chiropractic care. Our techniques have helped many women through a safe delivery. To find out more or to make an appointment, contact us today at (210) 545-1144.